Originally Posted by Centurion75
Does anyone want to offer an opinion/advice on how the Montefeltro and Franchi fit me?
When I shoulder the Montefeltro I can only see the bead (no rib is visible). When I shoulder the Franchi Instinct I am looking at the bead but a tiny bit of the rib is visible as well. I mounted each gun maybe 15-20 each in the store.

I was told seeing the rib as well as the bead would make the gun shoot high? Is this true?
I can't see that much of the rib on the Instinct but I can see some. should this be a deal breaker as far as this gun fitting me?

Thank you everyone for your recommendations so far!

I had a monte that I sold because I had the opposite of what you said no matter what shims I tried. My affinity fits better and the plastic stocked gun does my wet & nasty duty.

One trick may be to get a laser sighting shot shell and try it out. Our trap shooting guys used that to help get their shims right. Look at what shims come with the affinity to see if it may correct the way you want it or see if the dealer will let you try the other shims sets before buying.

Schrapnels gun has potential - get all the details on it and research it first. There are lots of old brownings out there and I bought a new 725 to get the features I wanted because the old stuff didn't have them.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?