If the monte doesn't show you any rib, as long as the A shim isn't in it you can change the shim to another for less drop. I like a little rib too. If the gun shoots to point of aim with no rib showing the shim kit will raise your pattern a small bit. My SBE and my M1 shoot a 60/40 pattern with the A shim in it. Its the shim with the least amount of drop and it fits me like a glove. durring duck season when I'm bundled up and my face is further back on the stock the a shim is a necessity.

If the monte has the A shim in it now there is nothing you can do with it to reduce the drop. And if you are only seeing the bead now, when you wear thick cloths you will probably be stairing at the back of the receiver. The further back your face is on the stock the lower your eye will be behind the rib.

I like the benellis better than all the rest of the guns because the shape and pitch of the stock. The recoil pad is longer and wider than most and the pitch fits my shoulder/chest the best. Very comfortable. The new A5 has the worst stock ever made, I detest that gun.

Last edited by seal_billy; 02/21/15.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner