Originally Posted by BobinNH
Scotty that Idaho buck is a toad. Are those sheds of the same deer in the picture?

There has to be a story there somewhere.

They are from the same buck. Quick story, buddy drew a tag for muleys in Southern Idaho, in the grasslands. He had recently become a resident of the state. He was prodded to put in for the unit he drew in. They scouted for about 3 days before the opener, but got really sick one of the nights. Opening morning came and my buddy was sicker than a dog, but still crawled outta the rack and started glassing some nearby hill's. They spotted this guy about 200-250 yards out and immediately decided they wanted him. One shot from his old Ruger flat bolt 6mm Remington (58 grain VMax) and the old buck was done..

After all the field work was done, they scouted around the area and found both of the sheds for the same darned buck. He had a real nice write up done in Eastmans. Can't remember the score, but its in the lower 200's I think.

Here is a shot of the deer as he was mounting it.

[Linked Image]

I'd seen the pictures, but this was the first time I saw it after dropping by when returning from OR.

Truly a buck of a lifetime..

Semper Fi