Originally Posted by Dude270
I am with you on the kimber, for what you get they are a deal, no way you can build a remington with like components and be in their price range.

The AI does gain some speed, I see about 150 fps with 55 grainers, less as the bullets get heavier. The bottom line is that you gain about 2.2 to 2.5 grains of capacity which with single based powders will give you somewhere around 75 to 100 fps at similar pressures. Much above that just comes from standing on it, which can be done with a 223 normal as well. I am not advising hot rodding at all, just stating what I have seen with my personal experiences.

along with a little increase in speed the AI has great brass stability.

the negatives are the higher cost of dies, added gunsmithing cost and ,the biggy for me, the fact that they can be tough to get to feed well.

As others have pointed out, the 223 may not be the ideal round for hunting bigger game but it's merits as a round that you can and will shoot a lot for practice and fun swing things in it's favor for me. I am very confident with the 223 for about anything I will shoot because its the round I shoot more than all the others combined. The only round I shoot anywhere close to as much is the 243 which is a good choice but not nearly as much fun to flog the hell out of as littler rounds.

keep us posted

Ha, i have it on utmost authourity the AI is 25% faster than a 223 and is great to 1000 yds and great on game to the size of Ak moose.
wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.