Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Originally Posted by RJM
If the Kimber feels great go for it... That is why I chose the Kahr over the others it size...it just fit my hand well and I liked the trigger pull.

And no it has no external safety....which I have to agree with safariman isn't the best thing to have on a defensive handgun....and this comes from a shooter who has carried a 1911 everyday for 35 years.

Bob

Are you carrying the p380 with a round in the chamber? Just curious.

Yes...always...1911, Glock, Kahr...makes no difference.

Having taught CC classes since 1991 I know what you are going through psychologically and I have had tons of new shooters feel the same way about carrying a "loaded" gun. If you would put a snubbie in your pocket you can put a DA semi in your pocket just as safely.

DO NOT put a "safe action" like a Glock of XD in a pocket or IWB without using a holster. There are way too many cases of something getting caught in the triggerguard and discharging the gun... But I have never heard of a DA revolver or semi going off if the gun was not cocked to the single action position. And with the DAO Kahr it can't happen anyway.

Go over to YouTube or LiveLeak and do a search on "shootings", "armed robberies", and see how these actually go down...then ask yourself if you want a manual safety between you and death...

Took a lady who wants to start carrying to a large gun store today...she looked at just about all of the above mentioned guns and came home with a Kahr P380.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....