Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bea175
Plus i have always been warned , never hike alone, but in this case it would likely be two dead instead of just one.

Never hike alone? I've read that in books too. If I couldn't hike alone I'd make sure my hiking partner had a pistol. So he could shoot me in the head.

If you never hike alone, when you go hunting you must not get very far into the woods? Or do you always hunt with someone else?

I think it was just what it was...

I hunt alone a LOT. In fact almost exclusively now with new lease rules where we deer hunt. But it would be hard to get into too much trouble there. Maybe wet and cold but thats about it...and can find back to dry and warm within 30 minutes on foot from about anywhere on the place at a fast pace.

I flew to AK and hunted solo this fall. Had no other options. Just the way it worked out. Killed a bull moose, and handled it all out there totally on my own. Any number of things could have happened. But they didn't. No guarantee of that next time.

Though I sure hope my wife comes along on all the rest of my AK trips. Way too much work for one person to do when you pull the trigger. LOL.

I say bravo for the gal. I'd rather die in teh woods or above treeline than at home or in a hospital etc.....Not that its any of our choices...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....