Teal, I have the same issues in the workforce. Boredom.
I grew up on a farm where a person needs to be a jack-of-all-trades. I took up welding as it was something that that took a lot of patients and practice to get it right. I'm a perfectionist so it was years before I felt very good about my talent.
I eventually hit the top of my trade with MIG, Stick and Tig while welding aluminum, stainless, mild, cast, pipe, structural, pressure vessels and whatever was tossed in front of me. It got boring after that.
I spent some time as a mechanic but not much money in that. I eventually landed a job as a maintenance tech for a large factory. There I honed my skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, electricity, building construction and anything else you can run into.
That got old after a while and I took a job as basically a facilities manager. I was in charge of the maintenance dept. as well as doing a lot of the design work and working with contractors for all factory expansions and overhauls.

Guess what. Climbed that mountain and it got old after 8 or so years. I just started my own excavation business. Dozers, excavators, skid steers, etc. It's going well so far. Not much moving up here during the winter so a fall back on my welding and mechanic skills to stay busy. This spring cannot come fast enough and I look forward to a new set of challenges.

All of that being said, it's been a wonderful employment career so far. I'm 40 now so another 40 and I can hopefully retire. I'm very satisfied and wouldn't trade much of it. If that's what it takes to keep a person happy in life, go for it. I know that I'll never be unemployed.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...