Me first... sick...

Saturday night at 0'dark thirty I was headed to my tent for some great desert air slumber. I crawled into the tent to put some stuff away and backed out again to use a cactus before bed time.

Well...

On the way back in I plopped myself down on the cot to take off my boots. Mind you the cot is only about six inches off the ground and takes some manuvering to get off of. Did I mention it was really dark???

As I was untying my boot all of a sudden there is something furry at my side that was spinning against me.

Since one boot was half way off and the cot was so low to the ground and did I say it was dark? I did the only manly thing left to do...

Yep,

I let out a blood curdling little girl scream, or at least I thought I did as no one at the blazing campfire heard me from 25 feet away.

In the midst of "screaming" I found my little pocket flashlight and shined it at the wild critter next to me...

Well, just so happened that Dennis' dog Ruby had been laying on my sleeping bag and just moved over a bit to cuddle after I had sat on the cot. blush grin

Too funny...