Had tinitus for years. What worked for me, was maintaining it at a tolerable level,so to speak. As if there is any "tolerable" level right? To reduce the trumpets in my ears I stay away from what causes it. Mine kicks up with increased stress at the office...mine reduced dramatically when I told the whole world to kiss my a$$ and just did the best job I knew how to do and forgot the rest. I also stopped (reduced really) caffeine and that knocked it back significantly. The trick that worked the best though was taking any kind of aspirin out of anything I might take for a headache, etc. It blew my mind when I found out that trick. One time it was suggested that I take a baby aspirin each day for heart health. After about a month I noticed my head sounded like the trumpets at the walls of Jericho 24/7. it was with me constantly....to the point I started some serious research about the causes and bingo....aspirin was a leading cause. I dropped the aspirin regimen and within a day the crickets and trumpets were virtually silenced.

Hope this helps!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.