Winchester guys Im going to give yall a real life example, I bought a .257 Roberts Target, I bought it "right" because it had water damage with surface rust but very little pitting, the bore is GREAT, the stock has been sold and I have an extra target stock,BUT My favorite gun is on Mr Rules pp 280 and 281, a special order 257 BOB Varminter. What am I going to do? Mr Bull here sold me a nice FWT stock ,uncut with alum butplate MC nice stock, it has been bedded. The Factory stocks for Varminters were hogged out FWT stocks. Im going to have this stock hogged out and pillar bedded to fit the varmint,target barrel.
Now I was going to have it Ceracoated and the muzzel single point 'cleaned uo just to new fresh metal', My gunsmith says Im messing up that he can clean the action and blue the barrel so we are fussing about that. When I take Mr Bulls stock down and walk out in the sun with the action Im going to make my own mind up what I want to do! One thing is for damn sure I will end up with a 257 BOB varminter that I can bust varmints or head neck shoot whitetails with..... Do I give a damn about collectiability ??? dog dam NO!!! Will I be happy and end up turning big bucks down for the gun from my local pals IF it is a tack driver? you bet your azz! When its said and done I will have 1500 dollars in the rig max. ( I hope)very best WinPoor