Wifey bought a beef tenderloin on sale this weekend. We slice them into steaks and vacuum seal individual meals. But that little tail end is always too thin to reasonably cut into steaks so I cut it off and smoked it.
First I put it in a ziplock with some Worcestershire and red wine. Then I made up a rub and gave it a rubdown.

Here is the rub, use one tablespoon of each:

Black Pepper
Kosher Salt
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Lemon Pepper
Beau Monde
Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning
Dark Brown Sugar

Rub-a-dub-dub...

Then sprinkled with minced garlic

[Linked Image]

Then I put it back in the ziplock and into the refrigerator for an overnight rest.

[Linked Image]

I kept the smoker temp at about 220°. I wanted right between medium and well done. I prefer medium, wifey prefers well done. So I kept the temperature kind of low and 4 hours later I hit an internal temperature of 155°.
I took it off and let it rest for 10-15 minutes and sliced it up. The color was perfect! Very slight pink. I'd prefer medium but this was just fine.
It was very moist and fork cutting tender. The rub had a very thin layer of intense flavor that enhanced the meat without overpowering or masking the beef flavor.
I thought it was just great.
I made parmesan roasted potatoes to go with it. Those always makes Mrs Snubbie happy!

[Linked Image]

Overall I thought it was superb. A successful smoke!

Dang. Looking at that last photo makes me want to go to the fridge and clean up the (meager) leftovers!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com