I've hardly shot my 358 with anything not stamped "308" or "LC" or similar. One new bag of 358 Brass I bought years ago has not all been fired once yet.

[Linked Image]

As for bullets for moose, I've done more moose killing with the 225 XFB; only recovered the one above at long distance (for the 358). The Hornady 250 SP shed it all at the same distance. (The 300 XTP-Mag was near point blank at around 1500 fps; not sure why no expansion into the neck.)

[Linked Image]

The moose, killed with bullets pictured above, taken on the shortest day of the year some years ago.

[Linked Image]

A previous moose, first one I shot with the 358, stopped this 250 Hot Cor at less than 50 yards.

[Linked Image]

A bone test (moose knuckle) using the 200 XFB in the 358; those little 200 XFBs were very accurate in my rifle with 4895.

[Linked Image]

I can't remember the last time I didn't kill our year's moose with a second of some sort, usually Pro-Shop Noslers. This year the 180 E-Tip sailed on through the spine and beyond. The bullet above, a 180 Partition, was delivered to the moose at around 300 yards via my '06….two years ago.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.