The 225 GameKing in the 358 Winchester is reasonably tough, but I wouldn't expect much if you hit one of the big leg bones or a joint. Sierra uses a rather hard - as lead alloys go- core on their 33 and 35 caliber Game Kings, and the jackets are reasonably tough as well. However, the core is still free to move once it opens up. I've killed a couple of moose with the 250 in my 340. One passed through the animal on a broadside shot. I found the jacket, but the core was too deep in a snow drift to find. A closer moose stopped this one:

[Linked Image]

It looked intact until I washed it off. Then I could see that the core was 'feeding out' of the jacket while it penetrated.

I shot a few bullets from my 358 one time into discarded drywall compound which was a bit old and had started to get a few lumps in it.

[Linked Image]

The cup and cores I've found, either in testing or actual use, or both, to work well in the 358 have been the 200 Core-lokt and the 220 Speer. I like the fact that you can get them going a bit faster than the 250s. The Noslers have the advantage of being soft up front so you still get positive expansion at the more docile speeds of the 358 while having that web to keep the back end intact for more more positive penetration.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.