Back to the 6mm's. The wind on the prairie can make it difficult. I think that is why I include 6mm when shooting the dogs. I've used bullets up to 85 grain. The 75 grain Sierra and Speers shoot well, but the SPeer has a profile like a beer can and it's BC makes it poor for the windy days. I think that if you go with the Hornady 58 grain bullets you'll find a couple of things. They are fast, they are accuarte, they blow up little critters, recoild is low, You'll love the load. If you're planning on heavier bullets, and as you stated, you're going to build the rifle, build it on a heavy bench rest profile. I prefer the 6mm Remington over all the other cartridges mentioned in the 6mm caliber including the 243, which is admittedly a close second. The 240 Weatherby is about like a 6mm/06, which I'd prefer just because of case selection. But then maybe a 25-06 would be a good option if you want the larger case.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally