Originally Posted by gmsemel
Well in my State we when from seeing a Deer made the news and not a turkey to be seen let along hunt in about 200 years to Deer are considered a pest and turkey's on the way to being pests too! I could shoot 15 deer in a season if I wanted to and put in the time to do so!

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

50 years ago, guys in my neighborhood had to drive a few hundred miles to hunt a decent herd of deer. I have them peering in my bedroom windows now, both in town and down at the farm. Zone 1 in Kentucky now allows unlimited antlerless harvest.

Turkey? 50 years ago there were a few wild turkey flocks left in the surrounding states. Today, they are in all counties of the state and in all counties of surrounding states.

50 years ago, hunting in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky usually meant bird hunting. We had pheasant, grouse, and quail around. The death of the family farm, bad weather, and predators did all that in. Now, you have to go to a game farm, or be satisfied in seeing a grouse or two a season.

50 years ago there were no coyotes reported east of the Mississippi.

50 years ago, there had been no elk in Kentucky since Daniel Boone's time. I've had them in my back yard, less than an hour's ride from downtown Cincinnati.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer