LOCAL... When I was younger and it was legal to do so(Left in '74 the last time) I fished any bridge having a catwalk from the Saddlebunches up to Big Pine. Big, live Mullets on an Incoming tide was the best for us except for when the damn tarpon would cut you off on the pilings. HEAVY line and weights straight down worked well too. We made some 4' dia. bully nets and wrestled the Bas***ds to the surfaced and netted them(Groupers and Snappers) except those that didn't cut us off. I guess the statute of limitations has run out by now so I think it's safe to say we took home some that we shouldn't have but I was damned set on making it worth my while. Had a pucker-factor 10 all the way home some nights. Sold some of the catch to some of the restaurants to make some extra pocket change (LUIGI's and Le MISTRAL come to mind).
AS I said before, I've gone home only a couple times since '74, buy those times evoked some good memories as I crossed those bridges. Too bad we have to grow old so soon.
WILL

Last edited by blueeyes; 03/10/15. Reason: emend text

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.