Originally Posted by RJM
Ron...let me know if the 300s I sent you will fit in your handguns. One of the ones I had won't fit in the handguns but work fine in the Marlin.

Tried out some test loads on Tuesday. One was the Accurate Molds 41-250F and the other the 250L. I designed the F as it is a longer version of the V I requested. The L is for leverguns and is a gas checked boolit. Both boolits are cast in the same mold. They were loaded with 22.0 grains of H110 which should put them right at 1400 fps from a 5.5" barrel.

Range was 20 yards standing. Fired two 5 round groups out of the Freedom Arms 654 6". These loads will stand the gun right up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Then fired five more rounds into each of the targets..

[Linked Image]

Groups aren't the best but every shot went where called. I fired three rounds of the 250F out of a 6.5" Blackhawk and called it quits...these loads are a little much for the small BH grips. Think I'll stick with the 220 Keith bullets with that one...

Bob

okay, i held my nose and loaded them with your suggested weight of 296. Overall length was 1.690 which put the mouth right in the crimp groove. Now the interesting part.
Fit perfectly in a redhawk
fit perectly in two six inch model 57's
fit perfectly in one 4 inch 57
would not allow cyclinder to turn in a 58
would not allow cyclinder to turn in another 4inch 57
would not allow cycliner to turn in a three screw blackhawk.
would not allow cyclinder to turn in a 657 mt gun.
It isn't that they were too long for the cyclinder there was enough room there.
The rim was protruding out a little at the rear on the cyclinders meaning they were cut differently at the throats.
to make them work in the ones where they didn't work i would have to seat them deeper, so the mouth was in front of the crimp groove. Who would have thought? I guess the moral of the story is they cut those cyclinders a little different even within the same model from the same manufacturer. I guess one solution would be if one wanted to was just seat them a couple of thousandth's deeper and check them in the particular revolver they were to be used in.

as an addendum, i had my wife fire some 265's last week, she stopped before a full cyclinder. I asked her this morning if she wanted to try these. Don't think she is going to do it.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/13/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO