Originally Posted by ruger438
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Only 292 made?

I guess I walked into a decent rifle at a pretty good price. I paid $900 out the door.

Blessings,

Steve

Where do you guys find these deals?! Around here everybody wants $1100 and up for run of the mill #1's.

Oh well, cabelas is trying for $1699.00 for a K1A 250 savage, I want one badly, but not that badly.

Very nice rifle there.

ruger,

No big magic here. I was just looking for a Ruger Number One in .30-30 and all of those owned by El Number Uno had plain wood. He was great to work with, but at close to 1K I didn't want wood that was uber-plain.

So, I looked locally and could not find a .30-30, but a local dealer, Bud's Guns in Gresham, OR, had a .257 Roberts in stainless. The price was something like $875, plus the state paperwork ... Oregon has no sales tax, so I was a little under $900 out the door.

I'd still rather have one of the incredible Circasian walnut-stocked .30-30s, but I'm darned happy with my .257 Roberts in stainless steel. Haven't fired it yet, but at my age sometimes just looking at something and drooling over it is worth the price.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397