[Linked Image]

Left is an 1892 22LR ser# 274xxx dates to 1903. Underside of barrel still blued, but most of the rest is patina. Wood still has a pretty good finish but for some dings and scrapes. Still piddling with finding ammo it likes. Barrel was pretty fouled and action stiff despite a cursory cleaning on receipt. Took it all down/cleaned and jb'd the barrel yesterday, certainly smoother all around, will see if that helps results any.

On right is my first Marlin. Saw it on a back wall, lonely, in a shop that caters to AR's and handguns, and it spoke to me. An 1893 30-30 ser# 387xxx dates "varies 1906-1915". Has more case coloring than the other, and an honest mottled patina area on barrel from hands/sweat over many years. This gun was clearly carried if well cared for. Bore slugs on the tight side w/o loose spots - .305. Also first gun that reloaded for - RL15 28.5gr accuracy 1900fps/31gr 2075fps hunting and lazercast 170gr bullets (load suggestions always welcomed). Gosh it's fun to shoot reactive targets with that old thing; hope to hunt it next fall.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.