Guys--I haven't hunted at west in the last 5 or 6 years due to some college tuition bills for my daughter. I'm ready to get back into elk and mule deer hunting out west. I have two rifles, a NIB Sako Tecomate in 300 WSM and my old elk slayer a Weatherby Mark V SS fluted barrel 300 Bee with a brake. I'm torn between the Nightforce SHV in 4x14x56 or the Leupold VX-6 3x18x44.

While I have killed elk at 512 and 401 yards with the Bee with a Vari X iii 3.5x10x40 I really don't want to shoot over 500 yards and hopefully under 250 yards. The last elk I killed in 2008 was 176 yards. I've looked at both scopes and like them both, cost is close and I'm not sure I need the Nightforce for the type of hunting I will be doing. Also, I'm a Leupold guy, I think the Leupold on the Bee has taken a chit after 4-500 rounds as the groups are opening up. I plan on buying new scopes for both rifles and want them to be the same. I'm also in the air on illuminated reticules. Other scope recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.