I went to buy a Toyota in 2005, Toyota would not give me a fair price on my trade so I went to Nissan and drove away in an 05 4x2 Crewcab 4.0/6spd Frontier, I have owned it longer than any other vehicle and it has 195K on it now.

I think it has been a very good vehicle but needed repairs at times.

I drive it like I hate it, even now and have no issues running the 275hp 4.0 to the 6K redline. I have carried one ton of ceramic tile in the bed (on the bump stops), hauled multiple vehicles with a tow dolly and oversize trailers with no issues, it is balanced and tows very well for its size.

It has failed to start two times in 10 years, one time I was told a relay failed and Nissan replaced the power distribution box under warranty. A few years ago it would not start in the driveway, turned out the rubber bumper fell off the clutch safety switch, stuck it back on and it was fine.

In warranty, I believe it was 60K, I had the rear pinion seal replaced and the cam tensioners. The pinion nut backed off during a trip to Houston, luckily I was able to limp it to a friends house and re-install the nut that was captured in the yoke and have driven it as is for almost a year, I think this is related to the dealership work years ago, I believe the FSM calls or a new nut when installing the seal.

I have replaced the front wheel bearings, u-joints, carrier bearing, front brakes pads twice, spark plugs, and one window motor. Two weeks ago I replaced the cam chains and tensioners, 20 full hours of work but they were rattling real bad and mileage plummeted from 19.5 to 12.0 in less than 3 months, it is getting 19 again now.

The worst fuel mileage ever was 9 mpg, but it took me 23 hours to evacuate from the south side of Houston to College Station for the hurricane.

I would buy a Toyota, the small version although I am looking to get back in a fullsize truck.

I would buy another Frontier based on my experience over the last decade but I would get a 4x4 automatic with a white exterior and charcoal interior.

Oh, I drove it to work Monday for the first time since the cam chain replacement and got tagged by another driver...bad luck I guess.

Dave