If the safety puts everything back in place, then I'd not loose any sleep what so ever over the mechanics at all. It would probably take a serious trigger pull spring to force ones trigger home against the resistance offered by the firing pin spring and its accompanying sear. My Rems, Wins, and Rugers, that allow me to actually see the sear engagement, all simply sit at the point where I let off, and it does take some serious effort to leave them midway. Minimal travel in each. When the safeties take the load off, everything goes home.

Yes, there is probably a 1 in million chance one could position things such that when he relaxed with the safety off and there was a minor tectonic shift, the sear could drop. Never had it happen to me yet with about 55 years of shooting and about 10 different name brands of firearms.

Obey the first of the 10 commandments though (muzzle control) and life will always be fine.

Again, with the safety taking everything home, one has no worries. One of the reasons I favor a safety that captures the firing pin as opposed to one that simply blocks the trigger.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/25/15.

1Minute