I have two of them. A blued/walnut and a stainless/Lam (I think a special run, I got at CDNN)

First I would say that although its heavier than a typical hawkeye in say 30.06 its pretty light for a 375. Its balance is just slightly barrel heavy but not as bad as some 375's that have 25"/26" barrels. Overall for a 375 I would say its a light and handy rifle great for toteing around and well balanced for off hand shooting.

A couple of comments on the stock. The walnut stock has a hard rubber recoil pad, and I think that most users would be well suited to a good 1" pad. If your tall you could swap pads pretty easy, if your not blessed with height you would need to cut the stock to fit a pad with a correct LOP.

My walnut African is one of the last ones without the muzzlebrake, and has stock crossbolts, Even so I were intending to shoot it I would certainly consider bedding the action and reliving the area right behind the tang. Ruger is great about fixing and replacing things, but what I suggest would likely negate the warranty.

In the end I also got a stainless one (which was my preference)and bedded it into a McMillan so I got the soft pad and LOP just right for me. With a good pad, its a pleasure to shoot and recoil is a big push. In fact its nicer to shoot than some (most) 300 mags I have shot.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge