Yep.

I have only casually followed this saga, but she was acquitted, and then when public opinion in Italy raged, they retried until they got the verdict they wanted.

Her story smells and is a little to funky for me. However, she was acquitted the first time around, and we are a nation that is founded on the principle of no double jeopardy. England was notorious for that, and retried people and enemies of the State until they got a guilty verdict. That is why our Founding Fathers insisted on trail by jury and no double jeopardy.

She may be guilty or not, but I would not extradite her, and if I were her I'd have an escape plan to Paraguay, assuming they don't play ball with the Italians on such matters. No way I'd go to an Italian prison with her notoriety. Death sentence.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo