OK here we go. I fiddled with the Hawkeye a little after work. Took her out of the stock. Relieved the mag box. Studied up the trigger a bit. I may order a spring for it. Honestly,the more I mess with it,the more I think I'll try it "as is" for now. Not really terrible. There is in fact a speed bump in the tip of the barrel channel. Oddly enough it's still floated. Don't understand it,but I aint gonna bitch. A bedding job will likely evolve anyway. Just seems like the thing to do. I forgot how well the classic style Ruger stock feels. I am quite taken with the Hawkeye grip dimensions. What with my squat,thick hands.

Here a few pics. The weather is pretty much crap. I hope to at least fire her a time or two this weekend. We'll see I guess. A real range session would be great.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here are a few bullets seated to be .005" to .010" off the lands.The 160 A-Bond eats up a bunch of case capacity. The 150 BT not nearly so much.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."