I've got multiple Plano 3700 storage containers full of cranks, and yes the colors catch fisherman before they catch fish.

They can be fish-catching machines at times. I rarely cast cranks, I prefer trolling.

I like Reef Runner baits alot, 800 series and 400 series Rip Shads. I like to get very familiar with just a few different styles, and then get to know the individual dive curves.

I use line counter reels, and with Bagley DB3 magnums, 39 feet of line out puts that lure down 16 feet, so while trolling a local lake with a 18/19 foot breakline, good things usually happen.

Some cranks require tuning,like the Reef Runners, and others generally don't, but tuning is very easy, and takes seconds.

A troller who knows what he is doing, can have a lot of fun.

Once you really get into trolling, start making all your own crawler harnesses, the components are unlimited in choices, and with in-line sinkers, you can cover the water from top to bottom.

Just like cranks, I have several Plano containers dedicated just to Harnesses. Tying harnesses is the equivalent of hand loading ammo. Lotsa fun.