slash baits are supposed to dart left or right when you snap your rod tip. Theywill troll just fine. One bait that has been on fire for trolling has been the berkley flicker shad. It looks about the same as the shad rap and has a tight wiggle. I think there are charts for them for guys who use line counter reels. Lots of walleye dudes love them.

As far as my favorite crankbait it would be the DD22 for bass, for trolling it would be a shad rap or flicker shad and a bill norman deep tiny N. For trolling or casting and catching anything that swims, bass, white bass, even big bluegills and TONS of crappie the deep tiny N is my favorite, period... I have caught huge bass on them in the early spring and late fall and they come through wood cover way better than you would think. Its the one lure I NEVER leave home without no matter what in going after besides trout. The tiny n (shallow version) is awesome around shallow water cover but doesn't come through cover very good, but the deep version is my all time favorite...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner