The sheer number of armed robberies alone is incredible in that area and when you look that the volume of students trained vs those in shootings it is a small percentage.

I would be interested in the "win" percentage of students that have been involved in shootings that have attended any school. I know Gunsite maintained similar info in the past and used it to shape some of their curriculum but that was in the Bill Genes era and I dont know if it continues. It seems like anyone with a genuine desire to be proficient and is willing to pay for a school will already be well ahead of the curve vs the person that buys a gun and thinks that is good enough.

I thought the most interesting aspects were the lighting conditions and ranges involved. I dont recall where I saw it but someone did an analysis of almost 500 shootings from the NRA magazine "armed citizen" and had some interesting stats as well, such as one handed vs two handed, times a reload is needed etc.

I think where examination of shooting such as this pays off is the ability to focus training time and resources on skills that are most relevant. Details of several shootings are covered in his DVD and he also provides several when he gives a seminar. I know he has been doing a ton of traveling but was not aware he was no longer running his school in Memphis.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper