The MI gun looks nice. The $229 SSA--E would fix the trigger, aero precision LW sbr mount and a VX-R or VX-6. I think I am going to build mine to get exactly what I want.

The idea of a 1/4 MOA Noveske barrel is appealing yet a 1MOA DD barrel that costs less and will take a lot more abuse makes more sense to me. 1000 rounds fired fast to get the barrel pretty hot could possibly turn a 1/4 MOA SS barrel into a 1MOA barrel anyway, 700 full auto rounds is said to do this to a BHW barrel "on the internet" anyway and who does not get their barrel pretty hot sometimes practicing at silhouettes and stuff?

So as I do not shoot prairie dogs at 500 yards but deer and pigs at sub 200, unless I just want to shoot off the bench when will I ever know its a 1/4 MOA?? A 1 MOA barrel standing up on your hind legs or shooting out of a stand will bust a pig at as many yards and as easy as a $450 1/4 MOA barrel except maybe in some fantasy. I will also stick with 1-7, I know it works with a 70 grain TSX.

For fun a DD pencil barrel for $289 is just not fat in front of its 0.750 inch gas port and is 21 ounces vs 27 ounces for the government profile. The Noveske LW is 30 ounces and of course "more money". The Geiselle 13 inch SMR is 15 ounces with their 2 inch nut. With everything but the muzzle device and with the DD LW profile barrel I figure 62.5 ounces or 4 pounds. Add your lower of choice average 2.5 pounds or so and your at 6.5 pounds? The 15 inch (I am also looking at) KMR rail will be but 8 ounces and get you to 6 pounds even.

The Aeroprecision SPR mount (which I have an like) is 4 ounces, the VXR 2-7 x 33 is 13 ounces so total with KMR rail (I think) is 7 pounds with the scope and mount.