Originally Posted by srwshooter
the regular tikka t3 is lite enough for most anyone and doesn't need upgrading at all . even the factory rings are fine. i'd upgrade the soft screws that come with the factory rings. black hardened screws look a 100% better then the zinc coated ones.if you change rings and go with a base and rings you are just adding weight.

Tikka T3 lite felt pretty good to me when I picked one up at the Sportsmans Warehouse store UNTIL I picked up the Superlite and I bought the Superlite.
Just a little more for it (did some negotiating with cash in hand)
the Superlight is about 6 ounces lighter than the Lite.
Works great for me as it is light but not so light that I have any problem steadying the rifle.
I haven,t done a thing to it except to reduce the trigger pull to 1.5 pounds.
I dont find the recoil bad at all with the stock pad and using the factory rings(factory screws as well) with no problems as of yet. I torqued the ring tops to 20 inch pounds and the bases to 25 inch pounds .
Torqued the front and rear stock screws to 35 inch pounds.
Used a dab of Blue loctite on the stock screws but not the scope rings as aluminum is self binding.
I also Lightly greased the aluminum lug and recess on the bottom of the barrel and the entire bottom of the action to prevent possible Galvanic reaction between the steel and aluminum parts. And also to prevent rust .
So far have only tried Federal Fusion 130 grain ammo in it.
.75 3 shot groups with it. Going to try the Hornady Whitetail Interloks 130 grain and see what it does with them.
So far very pleased with the rifle.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money