I had one of my buddies with his 7yo son out yesterday evening to do some hog hunting. I got them set up in the blind where my game cameras had show constant activity each evening, and then proceeded to walk for about 3 hours looking for new hog sign and trying to figure out where the turkey's have gone (they disappeared on me.) I saw neither hide nor feather of hogs or turkeys and headed back to the truck.

While sitting on the tailgate of the truck (it's about 7:30pm at this point) I twisted around to get a water out of the cooler and I saw this pretty sizable hog walking down a ditch about 200yards away. He's slowly working his way towards me feeding and is completely unconcerned that the truck is sitting there. This is always how it seems to work when I take my friends or family hunting. I put them in prime spots and then the animals try to get into the back of the truck with me. When he got to about 50yards my phone dinged for a text and it was my buddy asking if I had seen anything because they hadn't. I replied that there was a hog that was getting so close that I was contemplating taking him prisoner instead of shooting him, but that I was trying to talk myself out of shooting him in general. A text immedieatly came back that just said, "Shoot him!!" I didn't argue, in fact I might not have read the text until after I dropped him in his tracks!
I was really pleased to find that he was not just a fat boar hog, but was actually a BAR (castrated male for you non Floridians) . My buddies son was elated to get to see a hog and to see one processed. It was his first outing and he had a fantastic time... which for me was better than taking the hog and having meat for the BBQ.
AB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Things that matter the most should never be at the mercy of things that matter the least.