http://qz.com/384041/why-black-sout...foreign-africans-but-not-foreign-whites/

Interesting happenings is RSA. Those of you who have never been to RSA, don't get the idea it is not safe to visit and do safari. This is a city thing and a black on black thing.

Since the end of apartheid, Africans from further north have come to RSA looking for jobs. They are attracted by the fact that this country with a sizable White population still functions economically and democratically. Many have come, started working, and are prospering. Sure, some are living in slums and not making it, and that has its own problems, but I find it fascinating that White South Africans have little problems with the blacks coming from Zim or other countries. "They work" I am often told.

During the later apartheid era, the Xhosas especially stopped going to school and made resistance and subterfuge their work. In other words, they made destruction their life's work and had/have no capacity to build and grow, only to sit, point fingers, and demand hand outs. (Sound familiar?).

Durban is getting over to the Zulu area, so KMG or other residents can tell us if this report is accurate, and which contingent is stirring things up. Sounds like an ANC thing to me.

For those that missed the total breakdown into lawless violence that marked the 1980s that the ANC sponsored and fomented, this last part of this reminds me of the period:

"Many ask: “Why is it that a Somali man can run a shop in a township, get raided and beaten up, while a white immigrant in town continues to run a restaurant full of patrons?”
It is this delineation that breeds ground for denial.
While this sentiment may be correct—that the violent expression of xenophobia in South Africa is meted out mainly against African immigrants — it is unhelpful to resolve the crisis that has left many foreign nationals homeless, tortured and dispossessed."

This is what the ANC did to black South Africans during "the struggle". This is why I cannot and will not be a Mandela worshipper. He could have been released from prison long before if he had only agreed to have the ANC renounce violence, but he wouldn't do it. He never would condemn Mugabe for his tribal and racial crimes. It is this history that brings the current situation. It is what they know and it poison to the society.

I'm interested to get a report from some their and interested to see what the future holds for RSA. It's a great place, so good luck.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo