Hatari,
Sorry for the late reply. Season is now in full swing, so hardly get time at home anymore.
You have pretty much summed it up. The Zimbabweans really are hard workers. I would go as far as saying that majority of household people here, will look for a Zimbabwean to work for them because of this fact.
Whether it is just their nature, or whether it is because of the situation that they are in the country illegally, so when they get a job they hold on to it, I'm not sure.
BUT, the fact is that they work.
Regarding why they are being attacked, it is about the simple mentality that these "foreigners" are stealing their jobs. I have heard that it is because the Xhosa people know that they cannot match the Zimbabweans for work ethic. How true that is, I'm not sure. It does make sense though.
These radicals that are causing the stir, are from the group that want everything for free, and want to work for nothing.
They were never apart of apartheid, they were only born after those times, yet they feel the most affected. It's a poor excuse from their side for their laziness.
Not sure what the media are reporting on your side, sure they make it out that the entire country is in war. Hardly that. It is single incidents happening in major cities. Bad incidents, no doubt, but single incidents that needs to be addressed.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]