I finished up the wheel weights. I MOSTLY sorted pre-melting, although toward the end, it was a cursory glance at each handful, sort out the stick-on's and the obvious non-lead weights, rest go in the pot. I kept a close eye on it, and was pulling out non-melted items pretty quickly. All the lead looks pretty good, and I wound up with 76.25lbs of ingots from the clip on weights. I might get another 2-3lbs from the stick on weights, if that. It was not much by volume compared to the clip on weights, so I don't expect to get much from them when I melt them.

In the meantime, I scored some near-pure lead (sheeting from the walls of an x-ray facility. Haven't picked it up yet, but for a very, very low price I'm getting a few hundred pounds of pretty close to pure lead, so that's a nice little pick-up. smile

Also found out my father-in-law can get me babbitt scrap from where he works (can use it for the tin). I have someone who will test the metal for me to get a breakdown of it's alloy composition, and an basically limitless supply of free babbitt, so that's been some good news, too.

I have a Lube-A-Matic sizer inbound, have to get dies/punches, but we're getting closer! smile

I have to shoot the flintlock soon and determine if I am going to 0.610 balls or staying with 0.600's. Whichever wins, I'll buy the mold and this soft lead I have can start getting turned into round balls.