Ran my right index finger into a bandsaw blade in the wood shop in 7th grade. Had the finger under a piece of wood where I couldn't see it. Never felt a thing but thought to myself how odd it was for a block of pine to be bleeding. When the lightbulb came on I hit the off switch and extracted myself from the saw. I'd cut right through the fingernail and into the bone a little past half way.

Teacher was in the can and being an ignorant kid who loved wood shop more than any other facet of school at the time, I wrapped my finger in a dirty rag and kept my hand in my pocket the rest of the day. I figured I'd be banned from the shop permanently if anyone found out.

Somehow I avoided infection and even my folks didn't know what happened until it was too late for stitches. In fact I don't think my mom found out until I was in my 20's. Darn sure taught me a new respect for power saws.

Hope you heal up in good fashion. I prescribe a weeks worth of arrowhead hunting with a whiskey chaser in the evenings.