Originally Posted by jpb
[quote=7mmMato]Damn Don dont you know you have to actually lose part of a finger to become a shop teacher. Or at least that is what I always thought as my shop teachers were always missing part of a finger.

Best shop tool mishap I ever saw was a big old boy in shop class thought he could keep the spindle sander from spinning. He latched onto it and said turn her on I can hold it. We did he didnt damn near threw him all the way across the shop. Our shop teacher who was missing part of his left pointer finger was not as amused as we were. [/qusticking
Speaking of shop teachers, back when I was in high school the wood shop teacher was giving a new class of 9th graders their introductory safety lecture to these new kids.

He was stressing how dangerous the table saw was, saying stuff like "Never do this..." and suddenly there was blood and fingers flying around.

By all accounts, the 9th graders' responses were about equally split between nearly passing out, and asking "What a safety demonstration -- looks real! How did he do that?!"

You guessed, it the teacher actually cut himself up pretty badly right in front of the class. Blood and fingers flying! He wrapped a shop rag around his hand and headed for the nurse.

After that, all the fingers on his one hand were the same nice even length. eek

I forget his last name, but his nickname among students was "Bob the Knob". Kids are cruel...

John
i remember my ffa teacher walking into the room with a bone in his forearm sticking out after the saw kicked back on him, he was white as ghost.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter