Originally Posted by ClarkEMyers

Notice the Star is not a good choice for seating gas checks and Star/Magma/specialty from folks at castboolits dies with top punches are usually more expensive.

The investment in sizing dies and top punches will likely over time become a large part of the total cost of ownership. That might be a major consideration going in. Mostly even though the Star is the best on the market don't expect it to be the best choice for gas checked rifle bullets.

Not sure where you are coming from with these statements. The Star seats GC's better than any of the other sizers I have (Lyman, Lub-A-Matic, and Saeco), especially if one turns out the center of the punch but leaves a .030" edge so that the pressure on the GC is only on the outer edge.

I've also tried Lyman's GC Seater, which I don't care for.

As I mentioned previously, the Star doesn't require different top punches with different bullet nose designs as do all the rest, so one punch for each caliber is sufficient.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~