Originally Posted by funshooter
I have a Star and I can not give you any advice on other lubers.

But when you run the heavy large calibers bullets threw the Star with Lathesmith dies and punch's. Some times it smashes the slugs and they will not run threw the machine if you use the GC bottom punch.

I had to experiment a little bit and found out if I used the PB punch even with the GC's the machine runs flawlessly.

Again I can not comment on any other luber . I have never used any other

Not familiar with Lathesmith dies. I run 515 gr. .476" Nitro Express bullets and 430 gr. .512" Linebaugh bullets through mine and have never smashed a bullet. I have bent the handle on the sizer if the bullets have sat too long after casting. I use mostly Magma dies, although I do have some I bought from the Castboolet site. All seem to work fine.

That being said, I have run a bore mop coated with Flitz on a drill inside the dies to polish them up some. I do seem to recall some time back having difficulty running large bullets through the die but can't recall for certain. Seems I may have had to lube the bullets first by hand, then size, but only for like a couple of dozen then all was well.

I usually make my own punches and don't understand why the PB punch would be any different than a GC punch. Odd.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~