I started shooting deer with a 300 whisper Contender 14 years ago. Bought a can and now have a Noveske AR 10.5" that I ponied up $200 to do the SBR thing. I shoot both supersonic and subsonic. We have way to many deer on my farm and neighbors all around. I leave the can on my rifle all the time. Plenty accurate out my Contender and Noveske. Killed more than 80 whitetails with it with zero cripples or run offs. Most are dead within 10 yds and max I had to look for one is 80 yards on a double lung shot. I shoot 110 gr Barnes blacktips. Early on 125 gr Nosler ballistic tips. Subsonic, I load 220 gr Outlaw State Bullets which expand at subsonic velocities. Don't own a Ruger Mini but see the utility as a beater truck gun. I bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 308 win which is very accurate and quiet. My brother just bought a Ruger American Ranch in 300 Blackout. Very nice and I will get one also. I feel 9 out of 10 folks that bash the 300 Blackout have zero actual experience with the round. I have shot thousands and thousands of my reloads and my experience is it a great round. The 300 Blackout is also dirt cheap to reload. I love my 5.56's, 300 Blackouts, and 308 Winchesters. Need nothing bigger for what I hunt.