Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy

While a 45 acp can do subsonic as well as a 300 BLK, it's a one trick pony. It can't also fire 110-125 grain bullets at 2350. Nor does it have the sectional density for penetration or resistance to wind that heavy 308 projectiles do, so there is an advanatage there.
I like being able to take a 6 lb AR and go.
So it's cool that you can take one gun, at least three mags and continually change your scope settings? No thanks!

I don't change scope settings. I suppose you could but it's easier to zero the rifle with a supersonic load and note the holdover in your reticle for subs at different distances. I wouldn't shoot a sub at anything that breathes at over 100 yards anyway.

I don't normally carry multiple mags either, but it's not like it's hard to put one in your pack or fit a 10 round Pmag in your back pocket. If it's daylight I take supers, scope is zero'd at 100 yards for them. If I'm shooting subs it's night time and I'm hunting hogs, and I only bring a mag of subs.

I understand that not everyone is into the same equipment I use, and that can make the task more complicated, but if one chooses optics conducive to holds it's a pretty simple straight forward operation.

To each their own.

EDIT:

What change scope settings? Supersonic 300 Blackout and Nosler 125 zeroed at 100 yds equals follow the thin duplex crosshair down to where it becomes thick again and you are spot on with subsonics at 100 yds. You shoot the round thousands of times as I have and you learn a thing or two. I started playing with this round in 2001 when I bought a contender barrel from SSK. The folks that bash this round tickle me to no end,especially the ones that just read about it and have never actually shot one.

We were typing at the same time, I feel like this too.

Last edited by RyeDaddy; 05/03/15.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?