I don’t get bogged down in the semantics of the thing. A VW Beetle and a high end Lexus are both still cars, but more people can afford the Beetle than the Lexus. The Constitution provides minimum protections, not “perfect world” protections. Paying for the defense of indigents has been grafted into the Constitution by judicial precedent, but it should not mean that an indigent gets a taxpayer funded dream team or a deep pocket to fund fantasy defenses designed to create reasonable doubt. I don’t see how that entitles a person to fly in witnesses from other parts of the globe on the taxpayer’s dime to testify during the penalty phase about what a good boy the convicted mass murderer was. The family was over here under a claim of political asylum but seemed to have no trouble flying back and forth to the motherland whenever it suited them. Well, living far away has some disadvantages, but it still looks like a choice to me.

I really don’t see it being about different rules. America provides equal opportunity, not equality of circumstance. Bill Gates can buy better everything than me, including lawyers and health care. So what. My middle class lifestyle affords me a living that over 90% of the world cannot have.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln