Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Pat85
I can understand why some get killed. They ride like idiots, at least half I encountered did. When you see more than 20 in a group they think traffic laws don't apply to them. Running stop signs so they don't have to stop and put their feet down, Nitwits pulling their bikes in front of traffic causing it to stop so the group can pull out together. Just yesterday, three bikes at an intersection. First two pull out, the third pulls out in front of a pickup and almost gets plastered. I guess he was afraid he was going to lose the other two. Thats something I would expect three whitetail deer to do.

Pat, that's of course, the 800 pound gorilla in the room. The death yesterday, according to the FHP, was the bike ran up into the rear of the car.
Further up the Turnpike, near Orlando, I ran across three Harleys. They were riding two abreast, with one behind, doing 65 in the passing lane. They were blocking traffic, and knew it. Cars, including mine, went roaring into the right lane, and back into the fast lane. When I went by, one of the scooter drivers gave me a really dirty look.
In Miami, there is a rice rocket death a week, often on the Julia Tuttle, (I-195 heading to Miami Beach). They race between cars, rocket by traffic in the pull off lane, and generally act like horses azzes. One died a week ago, when he tried to go between two cars at 70, and one pulled over just a tiny bit.
While we need to 'watch out for motorcycles', they damn sure need to watch their own behavior.

try watching out for them when your heading down the freeway at 120000lbs,gravel truck and wagon and have to change lanes , you LOOK its CLEAR you start to switch and a crotch rocket passes you at 30 miles an hour over the limit 2 feet off your front bumper.. fiffen death wish, JUST PLAIN STUPID.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky