The OP's rifle is a factory rifle that needs tuning.Noting unusual about that.

Have a M70 Classic 7 rem mag here.It's in a Borden RR stock and bedding seems good.No action truing has been done;chamber and barrel are factory spec.Mounts are fie and scope is proven on another rifle.

In several range sessions,and 4-5 different loads with different bullets,it does the same things...two "in",one "out". Or three out of 5 in and two "out",in random order. I couldn't find a load that made me want to bring it out to 300-500 yards to try.If I have to work that hard to get a rifle to shoot it isn't worth the energy.

When rifles do that they are "sick" or in my slang I call them a "POS" because assembly sucks. grin

I won't put any more effort into the thing until it's "fixed". The barrel may be fine but it does not matter if the rifle is not assembled correctly.

So....I'm driving out to the smith today for new barrel, (I have one here just for these reasons), action truing, bedding,square off bolt face, lugs,etc etc. It will shoot when I get it back.I've seen proper assembly fix more erratic rifles than anything else.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.