Two features I really missed on another pack I was using was 3 compression straps with buckled up each side and a side zip to get inside the center area if you need to. Now I have both of those back! I didn't get a picture of the main body side zip but it is inline with the Talon pocket size sip.

[Linked Image]

I was not thrilled about the side water bottle pockets being the height that they are. I am used to seeing taller pockets. I didn't think that they would be as usable as they could be to carry smaller items for fear of the items falling out. Boy was I wrong. The height is perfect to really cinch down over smaller items and keep them stable and you can still get to them easily because the pockets aren't too tall and force you to have to dive in and dig in after them. Great for holding alcohol fuel bottles next to my larger water bottles and remain secure (make sure your fuel bottles are way different than your drinking containers). I also used these side pockets to carry my folding saw and tent stakes. They were worry free from falling out. The pockets just simply worked!

[Linked Image]

The floating Talon is the "MVP" of the weekend trip. No more is wondering what pocket you put something in and the amount it can hold is perfect! Either the items are visually in the side pockets, in the main bag or in the Talon. Searching is NOW OVER for the item you thought were in a different spot. A big plus for me is that the water bladder fits in this area and means refilling is a piece of cake! It is also on the outside of the pack so if it leaks it isn't a trip horror wetting your pack contents. The fact that the Talon floats on the main bag it can also be used as a compression panel to stuff other items your wanting to carry if needed.

[Linked Image]

Overall this pack is the only pack I have ever carried this type of distance that didn't irritate some area on me. If I ached from the trip it was my body saying it was tiring and overworked and not caused by my body having a pack strapped to it. I can honestly say I have never been able to make that statement...EVER!

If you are looking for a lighter weight pack that has the comfort to carry more weight than you can this is it! 3.8lbs as you see it. The minimal design approach may appear to be lacking but the main features we need are in this pack and boy do they stand above the rest.

[Linked Image]

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker