Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
limited experience here, but the last two moose I've killed fell to 7mm 08 throwing the 120 tsx

A TIC understatement without a doubt…which sure beats guessing as so many seem to do on threads such as this.

It always amazes me how many people will get on a thread and opine based on no experience, very thin experience, uninformed extrapolation, or hearsay/theysay. It almost makes me want to just say, "use a 22 mag" since "I know a friend who did it", or "use a Ruger MK 1 22 pistol" since "I know another guy who 'I've heard' did it". And, of course, I've seen them die by 223 before Barnes even made 22 caliber X bullets.

Just go to Africa and tip a few Cape Buff over with your 300 mag and Core-lokts and be done with it already. laugh

A light cup and core is a good bullet; it just isn't a good bullet for animals with the mass and bone structure of a moose. That's not saying it can't work, but why recommend a 'tool' which is so limiting? Killing them should be the easy part…so you can get to work on the hard part. Making the 'easy part' more challenging just before you take on the hard work just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.