This will likely get me into trouble (again grin

Bill Steigers of Bitterroot bullets did the fast twist testing years ago. For the times, his bullets were ahead of the curve in construction and very tough. Friends/customers did some of the testing with him,and of course they also shot a pile of them into animals.I have had a zillion conversations with Steigers on the subject.

Steigers proved to himself that a faster twist helps to expand tough,high velocity hunting bullets. It's a long leap from that to "increased killing power".But to the extent that more rapid and complete expansion creates a more severe wound channel I suppose the conclusion is not that far fetched,especially since we lose velocity with distance but rotational velocity remains pretty high.

In any event, Steigers bullets came with recommendation on the packaging for minimum velocity,and [b twist levels.[/b] Since Bitterroots were sort of a landmark bullet,and one of those responsible for flushing most of todays better known bonded bullets out of the bushes, I'd find his advice hard to ignore.

In any event, anyone who knows him will tell you that he knows a lot about BG bullets,and not theoretically either.

Anyhow, like someone said the "faster killing" may be hard to prove. I can tell you I have a couple of recovered 140 BBC's here recovered from game. Retained weight is about the same,one fired from a 280 with a 10 twist and the other from a 7 RM with a 9 twist....distances similar. Hold them both in your hand, and it isn't hard to tell which hit with more RPM's.

One old pundit said it better than I can,(and referring to the extreme example of a 110 gr. fired from a 300 Weatherby at 3900 fps). RPM's, he says, are 4550 times per second from a 10 twist (do your own math).....I edited the content for brevity but the gist is there:

"....cetrifugal energy...pulls the outer part of any rotating object away from its center,the axis it spins on........The centrifugal energy developed in our bullet rotating 4550 times a second is enormous. It would take about 2.5 minutes for an ordinary shop grinder to make as many revolutions as it does in a second. Every molecule in it is imbued with intense ambition to break loose and fly sideways. If it hits anything,that is exactly what it does..."

Turn your self over 3000-4000 times per second, your brains will fly out your ears. smile

Ever see a bullet destroy itself in mid air? What do we suppose does that? It isn't forward velocity (Hint) wink

Folks are right....we can argue about it, but you have to be a flat earther or carping skeptic to say it has no effect on bullet expansion at all.

Think about it. whistle

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.