Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Biggest POS I ever owned was a Ruger 77/22H.
I liked the rifle a lot and really wanted it to work out so I did everything I could short of rebarreling including a trip to some guy that specializes in accurizing Rugers. $200+ later and it still wouldn't shoot MOA.

I had the same problem. Nice laminate stock and greyed action and barrel and no matter what I tried, shot like a turd.

Also had a 527 that wouldn't single load for some reason. Heard that was an issue with the earlier models. Had to load each round in the magazine or it wouldn't feed. Was plenty accurate but annoying as hell when at the range.

Finally found a 527 Maple that is my current 22H. I have since replaced the scope but it also came with nice Leupold rings and didn't break the bank.
[Linked Image]

I too have found the best success with Lil' Gun and 35gr and 40gr VMax. I've also tried with and without both Small Pistol and Small Rifle primers and did have a few piercings with SP.

Prvi makes decent brass for the Hornet but seems to be thicker and will pressure up quicker in my experience. No such issue with Remington or Winchester.