Originally Posted by GSSP
Originally Posted by BarHunter

It wouldn't bother me. Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

My opinion is if one keeps a 115 BT, within a reasonable distance and velocity parameter it will work just fine on a bull, small or large, or cow.

When even Nosler does not advise the use of a 130 Accubond out of a 270 Win for elk, I question Nosler's wisdom.

Alan
There's a +1. I am not Nosler. Why would I care how or why they do what they do if I am not trying to be Nosler? Can I not decide for myself if something works or does not work? It seems the bullet manufacturers can't decide whether a particular product is for hunting or not. And that is what bullets are: they are products sold with marketing. Bullets sold as fancy for hunting because of some particular property demand a premium. That is why they are called premium bullets. A hunk of metal propelled at speed will kill. The variables define the what and the how. Certainly, within the realm of human ingenuity, I can work some things out for myself, given my purpose and my tools. I will certainly take a manufacturer's recommendations as a kind of input, but some of you seem to think that advertising somehow becomes unbiased and factual where bullets are involved. That is not the case, if for the simple reason that every manufacturer is biased toward the sales of their own products, at the exclusion of other comparable products. I'm not trying to be a dick; I am trying to point out a few simple realities.

I'd sure like an example of one of these 115gr 25 cal BTs that blew up on the hide of the ribs, or failed to break the spine or the skull on a well-placed shot propelled at modest speed. Even thin-jacketed varmint bullets become controlled-expansion bullets at the right muzzle velocity.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.