[Linked Image]

...and I've been wanting to turn it into something more useful than a paperweight. I'm getting started on the project and I have some questions.

1. Is there any difference in magazine springs between 93's, 96's and 98's? This one needs to be replaced and Numrich is out of stock of mag springs for Spanish mauser's.

2. The floorplate has been bent a bit about half an inch away from the hinge, like somebody tried to close it on something once (you can kind of see it in this picture).
[Linked Image]
What is the best way to straighten that? As rusty as the bottom metal is, I'm not sure I want to try to remove the hinge pin.

3. My watchword for this project is "inexpensive". In light of that, I plan to forgo a scope and install a front sight ramp and receiver mounted peep. The barrel I'm using has a muzzle diameter of 0.550 inch. I can't find any place that lists the width of the base of a Williams front sight ramp, and from the pictures I am a little concerned that the ramp may be too wide for my barrel. Can anyone tell me how wide one of those ramps is at it's base?

4. Is there any reason why I might want to avoid a Williams receiver mounted peep in favor of some other company's product?

Thanks in advance. I've been sitting on this thing for a long time, and I'm looking forward to getting it up and running.

Greg