So admittedly..... most of my remaining dignity has been stripped long before now.... I figured why not kill it all.... and grab a RAR?

I've talked a little trash on these rifles.... so when I saw one of these Predators in 6.5 Creed for only $379... I put my money where my mouth had already been.

[Linked Image]

Hell, for the dough, even if it only shot an inch.... and felt like a milk jug.... it would be a great deer/pronghorn/elks rifle for the kids... and cheap loaner.

Slapped a 12x SS on it... so as to be UBER.... and took it out yesterday. I grabbed 1 box of factory 140 HPBT loads, Shot one round at 40 yards.... adjusted the scope, and sent 3 rounds at 100.... you can see how that went (.375"). OK... things are getting interesting, but I know enough not to fall for the single 3-shot group banana in the tail-pipe... however, it's a good start... especially with factory ammo that can be had for $20/box.

[Linked Image]

Took a look at the dope, spun it for 300 (+2.2).... clang. 400... clang. 500...... clang. 600? why not........ clang. So I'm 8 rounds deep into this gun.... and have already made first round hits at 300-600.... with a sub-$400 rig.

I did a little research and loaded up some 'factory dupe' loads... though I switched the powder to IMR 4350 and went with a WLR primer. I brought those along just to see if they'd shoot.... second 100 yd group (5-shots, .9"). Guessed the velocity at 2700, spun in 3.9 Mils... and let 3 fly at the 600 yard plate.... here they are on video.

[video:youtube]1YOTmkws60g[/video]

After shooting those 140 Amax handloads, I shot the rest of the factory loads at 300-600... and never missed. Then took the 140 Amax looking for a coyote. Didn't find a volunteer, but did shoot rocks out to a little over 800... and was amazed at the level of performance I was getting for the money.... it won't be displacing the Tikka CTR .260, but it only cost half the money. I'm looking forward to some 123's vs. Prairie Dogs...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......